Friday, December 02, 2005

Not at the Show

December 2, 2005

I talked to my daughter a short time ago. She was preparing for her school production of Grease. This is the tenth production she has been in over the past three years and the first that I will miss. I have called to have flowers delivered tomorrow. She will miss me and I will miss her.

Today we were in a different building in training all day. It was good to be in a different place and to be doing something other than reading. They completed the background check on 1 of the folks who had their fingerprints done at bout the same time as me on Monday. Hopefully I will hear tonight or tomorrow. That way if I have to move I can look for a new hotel Sunday.

Someone once told me that the most important task for a consultant is doing the paperwork to make sure you get paid. That too has to be completed this weekend so I get paid for my first week and for my expenses. Then it will be every two weeks from there.

They told us today that they had just about completed their initial plan for assignments. Tomorrow (Saturday morning), they will meet with the group tomorrow morning and go over it with us. Then we can start talking with the one or two people already in our assigned parish – some permanent and some interim. They also went over the schedule. The draft plans are due the end of March – 4 months from now. We are all on 90 minimum commitments. It looks like many of us will have the option of signing on for another month if we wish. I am fairly certain that I will be offered a short contract to Facilitate the WAWI meeting the end of April or early May, and I am discussing another project for the April – September time frame. It will be interesting to see what works out and what March will look like.

But before we get to March, I need the background check approval and an assignment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home