Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Start-up Beginning

December 21, 2005

Just as we arrived in DeRidder for the meeting, I got a call from the IT folks saying they wanted to meet me at the storefront this morning so they could string the cable for our computer network. The meeting itself was more a Holiday breakfast, information sharing event at a local restaurant. Rich was amazed that we have been as successful as we have been in making progress on opening our storefront and wondered out loud why, when his information had been submitted before ours, they were not as far along.

Upon leaving I phoned back the IT folks and finalized the time to meet. We got the keys to the storefront and guided the Chris and Ron in their stringing of cable. They were simply looking to get a head start so that things could move smoothly when the telephone folks arrive next Tuesday.

I sent out e-mails informing everyone of where things stood with regard to the storefront and who would be available on which days over the holidays – including contact information. My objective was to both keep everyone informed and to continue to prod folks to insure progress does not slow.

I also had to complete all of the weekly progress reports, timesheets, etc. since I had to leave for the airport in the morning. I am looking forward to a week with my family and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home