Saturday, May 27, 2006

A Vote of Confidence

Friday, January 26th

This afternoon, I received a phone call from the Regional Lead. He had been in Baton Rouge for a management meeting. The effort in Jefferson Davis Parish to our south has not been able to generate traction. There is a lack of leadership and a shortage of staff. So they are sending out a largely new team of FEMA Technical Assistance Contractors (TACs) and have asked me if I can taking on being the Parish Lead in Jeff Davis in addition to Allen.

I see this as a vote of confidence and I am sure I can do it, but it is going to be a lot of work getting them caught up – even though they are starting very late they still have the same deadlines.

One great thing is that my Allen Team told me that they see this as a team assignment and anything they can do to help make the Jeff Davis team succeed and help me succeed, they are willing to do. That is a strong indication that I have a great bunch of people I am working with, that we have quickly formed into a functioning team and that they have confidence in me.

Jeff Davis is starting from a difficult place. They did have an Open House last weekend but only 18 people came.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home