Friday, December 30, 2005

Long Distance

December 27 – December 30, 2005

Each day I check the e-mails, receive updates and send out responses.

The final report wasn’t received from Baton Rouge in time to be mailed last week and so was mailed Monday night when Chris returned from San Francisco. They worked on the network and installed the phone lines on Tuesday. The DSL modem was the wrong type so they need to get a new one. One e-mail said that the furniture would be delivered in-time to open the office on Tuesday, January 10 – I couldn’t believe but counted to ten and then wrote an I am confused – this isn’t what you said last week message to logistics. Turned out it was a typo and it was supposed to say Tuesday, January 3. The furniture was delivered on time today. The IT guys are suppose to come out on Tuesday to finish hooking us all up and we will be good to go. Our logistics guy even called to thank Chris and the rest of us for being so responsive and helpful – I think that is why we are up and running while others complain.

There have also been e-mails from Baton Rouge. I have tried to be helpful and supportive, volunteering to take on what ever they need me to take on. If I am going to be away from home and working 6 days per week, I want to be as fully utilized as possible.

My paycheck never arrived. Turns out that the reason they didn’t do direct deposit is that they need a voided check and did not tell me when the form showed up without one. Then somewhere along the line this check got lost. They have cancelled it and are sending another by FedEx but it will likely arrive after I leave on Monday and some payments will need to be delayed a few days – the life of an independent contractor.

I am not getting paid while I am home but spending a half hour or so each day on work related things anyway. I am trying to get some rest but have not made it to the gym and feel like there is a lot that it would be nice to do before I leave Monday. But we have plans for New Years Eve and New Years day so if it is not done by Saturday afternoon it will not get done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home